News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What Type of Wire Markers

Started by tberrison, August 26, 2015, 04:06:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tberrison

Hello Guys,
What type of wire markers do you use? My question is simple. I have used the write-on wire markers, the small adhesive wrap around wire markers, and the heat shrink wire markers. All seem to have advantages and disadvantages.

I just thought I'd get some opinions on what type of wire markers everyone uses?
Regards,
Tom Berr.

johnschematic

Quote from: tberrison on August 26, 2015, 04:06:AM
Hello Guys,
What type of wire markers do you use? My question is simple. I have used the write-on wire markers, the small adhesive wrap around wire markers, and the heat shrink wire markers. All seem to have advantages and disadvantages.

I just thought I'd get some opinions on what type of wire markers everyone uses?

I think the type of wire markers you use will vary by application. I like the shrink tube markers personally, but it seems like they get dirty easily. So there is a time and a place for the wrap around wire adhesive wire markers too.
Thank You in advance!

The Industrial Factory Electrician

maintech

For quick wiring applications the wrap around wire markers work fine. If you're doing a project that will remain in service for years or maybe even decades, the shrink wrap tube printers work excellent.
Regards,
a maintenance technician in the metals industry.

treqilio

The Best Wire Markers

1. Wrap round wire markers because they are fast and easy. Disadvantage is that they fall off when they get wet or oily.

2. Heat shrink wire markers because they last longer. Disadvantage is that they are harder to apply, especially when you are working remotely and you need a heat shrink gun.

3. Plastic snap on wire markers are my least favorite. Disadvantages are the fact that they are cumbersome and can fall off when not applied the right way. I actually avoid using these anymore.