News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Gear Wrench is Made in China

Started by mallix, January 27, 2016, 03:40:PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mallix

I just bought a Gear Wrench and it was made in China. I was surprised to say the least... Thought Gear Wrench was an American manufacturer for some reason.

luckylou

Gear Wrench is part of the global economy I guess.

mike1999

Some of the tools made in China are actually getting better. There was a time when you could buy a wrench at harbor freight and bend it loosening a 3/8 hex bolt. It seems like they've addressed the quality issues somewhat.

paulriley1

Some Chinese wrenches are getting better. It's just the simple fact that American names being attached to hand tools made in China and other countries that is unsettling and deliberately confusing. it's wrong.

johnnyelectro

Quote from: paulriley1 on May 28, 2016, 05:23:AM
Some Chinese wrenches are getting better. It's just the simple fact that American names being attached to hand tools made in China and other countries that is unsettling and deliberately confusing. it's wrong.

Overall Gear Wrench products are still a solid investment, correct?
thank you,
Johnny

drodriquez

GearWrench is a brand of hand tools known for its high-quality products and innovative designs. The brand is highly regarded by mechanics and DIY enthusiasts alike, and its products are widely used in the automotive, aerospace, and industrial sectors.

Many people consider GearWrench tools to be of high quality and not cheesy. They are made from durable materials and designed to withstand heavy use, and they come with a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Additionally, GearWrench offers a wide range of tools, from sockets and ratchets to wrenches and pliers, so users can find the right tool for their specific needs.

Overall, GearWrench is a reputable brand with a strong reputation for producing high-quality hand tools that are reliable and durable.

regardless of where they're made, I think they are pretty solid tools.

My Maintenance Job is M-F 9-5 !!!