News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Cheap Mechanics Tools

Started by johnnyelectro, September 29, 2016, 09:21:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyelectro

Any advice on cheap mechanics tools? I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest mechanics tools out there, I'm looking for a good value. In other words, are there brands of cheap mechanics tools that hold up well considering how much they cost. Looking forward to your thoughts...
thank you,
Johnny

treqilio

I know this is an old post but I have some advice to give anyway. If you want name brand cheap mechanics tools, you should buy them used. You can go to local flea markets and there are always vintage mechanics tools, sockets, and wrenches at these events.

I have bought cheap Craftsman mechanics tools and also cheap Snap-On mechanics tools simply because they were used. You can also look at sites like ebay for cheap mechanics tools and you don't have to settle for generic chinese tools.

3rdshiftguy

I concur.... (haha) If you're looking for cheap mechanics tools, buy name brand tools used on eBay for cheap, avoid tool brands you never heard of.
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

triley

Quote from: 3rdshiftguy on February 28, 2017, 04:32:AM
I concur.... (haha) If you're looking for cheap mechanics tools, buy name brand tools used on eBay for cheap, avoid tool brands you never heard of.

I have bought used tools on Ebay too. This is a great way to build your tool box without killing your wallet in the process.

jagwinn

Harbor Freight line of ICON appears to be of a higher quality than expected.
I'm a Technician, not a Magician  [Pillsbury Mills, 1983]
Some people act like everyday is their first day on the job.... [Starbucks Sandy Run roasting plant, 2016]