News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Ross Air Valves

Started by dv1976, August 02, 2015, 06:26:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dv1976

How reliable are Ross air valves? Is it worth tracking down exact replacements and rebuild kits, or should I look for retrofits? Thanks in advance.
Thank You!!

Cheller

I've had good experience with Ross valves even in dirty environments, but i don't think they are perfect. You may want to experiment with cheaper alternatives.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

admino

I've seen some hardened seals with these, but when there is contaminated or oily air, I don't think you're going to avoid hardened seals with any air valve. Ross valves are popular so that typically means something about the brand.
Thanks to all for your technical contributions!

The Administration Team at OI

kpatterson

I totally agree, Ross makes a great valve, but environment can take its toll on any brand. So it may be in your best interest to try another brand just for comparison, see if another brand can hold a candle to the Ross valves or not. Think of it as a necessary experiment.
Keep moving forward... one step at a time...

stantheman

Re: Ross Air Valves

Experiment with cheap air valves from ebay. Spec it out and replace with something else. I'll bet your problems stem from a harsh environment and not the Ross air valves themselves.