News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Vacon Drive Reviews

Started by tberrison, March 25, 2017, 03:01:PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tberrison

Vacon Drive Reviews

I'm hoping to start a thread on Vacon drives here. Does anyone have some input on Vacon motor drives?

Looking for some first-hand information from an end user who has installed the Vacon product line to drive an AC or DC motor. I see this brand listed on a few different industrial websites but haven't personally used their products before. Looking for company information, overall value, reliability, ease of setup, etc. Fill in the blanks, I think some Vacon drive reviews would be helpful. Thanks!
Regards,
Tom Berr.

gifford

Quote from: tberrison on March 25, 2017, 03:01:PM
Vacon Drive Reviews

I'm hoping to start a thread on Vacon drives here. Does anyone have some input on Vacon motor drives?

Here's the sales pitch from their website:

Vacon Drives combine innovation and high durability for the sustainable industries of tomorrow. For long lifetime, top performance and full-throttle process throughput, equip your demanding process industries and marine applications with VACON® single or system drives. Reduce emissions and increase fuel efficiency through trailblazing innovation in hybridization trends. Manage heat intelligently, and win focus, with functionalities dedicated to your industry alone. Connect rapidly and program with exceptional flexibility.

All these abilities mean VACON® drives form the robust foundation for optimization in harsh environments. Whether in Marine and Offshore, Oil and Gas, Metals, Mining and Minerals, Pulp and Paper, Energy, Chemical or other heavy-duty industries, VACON® drives meet the challenge. Tune total operational cost and cut capital expenditure thanks to compact size and lower air-conditioning load. Of course, uncompromising reliability is a constant. The exceptional VACON® range is continuously advancing, with rigorous application-optimized innovation, ready to be put to work. Hard work.

Apparently Vacon Drives are a Danfoss Drives product. http://drives.danfoss.com/products