News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

RS Logix 500 Hack the Activation

Started by brainz, October 25, 2019, 04:22:PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brainz

Hello,
Does anyone know the trick to hack the activation on an old copy of RS Logix 500. This copy is about 15 years old and I can't retrieve my license key for some reason. Can't afford to replace the software, just need the old copy for one project.

3rdshiftguy

Supposedly if you've got a support contract they will provide you with updates to your version along with an activation file. The problem is you will have to purchase a support contract so it's not free.

As for a Rockwell activation hack, I'm not aware of any tricks you can do...

What version is the RSlogix? Does it use the EVmove program on a floppy disk to activate the software? or is it a USB activation?
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

brainz

it is old school PLC software. It uses a floppy disk with the EV Move software on it. I have the floppy disk but it says I have no licenses available.

brainz

I did find the original disk for the software, it says it was RSlogix version 4.10, but I think it has been updated since then.

I believe it was later updated to version 6.3 but I'm not even sure now since it won't start without the license.

Cheller

Hacking RSlogix isn't the way to go. Hacking Allen Bradley stuff isn't worth it, if you can't afford to pay up to these people you should probably look for an alternative. There are plenty of options that are budget friendly just look around.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --