News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is Overcurrent Alarm on a Parker AC Drive?

Started by rickpend, October 06, 2016, 09:54:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickpend

What is Parker OVERCURRENT alarm mean on a Parker AC drive? I'm looking for a simple explanation as to what overcurrent means.

And how do you clear the overcurrent alarm from a Parker AC drive?
Have a good day,
+++ Rick +++

(Moore OK Industry Team Member)

tomtester

Quote from: rickpend on October 06, 2016, 09:54:AM
What is Parker OVERCURRENT alarm mean on a Parker AC drive?

Here's what the troubleshooting guide says: The motor current being drawn from the drive is too high.

• Trying to accelerate a large inertia load too quickly
  • Trying to decelerate a large inertia load too quickly
  • Application of shock load to motor
  • Short circuit between motor phases
  • Short circuit between motor phase and earth
  • Motor output cables too long or too many parallel
  • motors connected to the drive
  • Fixed or auto boost levels are set too high

To clear an overcurrent alarm you'll need to look at the list of suggestions from the troubleshooting guide and go through the list to find the reason for your overcurrent situation.

Pressing the "E" button should clear the alarm from the drive but if you don't find the reason behind the overcurrent situation and solve it, it will just return when you least want it.

Best regards,
Tom Tester

treqilio

I have seen quite a few overcurrent alarms in my experience, there are more times when it is load related and can be cleared up by finding the problem on the load side. For example stuck brake, bad bearing, excessive mechanical resistance due to improper air pressure, etc.

travis

Over current alarms can almost always be cleared if you take a step back and look at the entire application.