News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Welcome to the Obsolete Industrial Roundtable

Started by admino, July 28, 2015, 04:27:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admino

This is our attempt to launch a forum style venue for troubleshooting discussion and just about anything that relates to the field of industrial maintenance. So welcome aboard and please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

We hope to grow the board in a way that it becomes an asset to those who need troubleshooting advice as well as for those who enjoy sharing their experience in industrial maintenance and engineering.
Thanks to all for your technical contributions!

The Administration Team at OI

alexrodgers

Hello,
I just registered but I don't see much action yet. I have worked as a maintenance technician most of my life. First as a mechanic, then as an electronic technician with strong mechanical skills. Hope to see some more join and get these boards going. If I can help out with any technical questions I will chime in with my two cents. Thanks,
Alex
Regards,
Alex
(Minnesota maintenance Technician)

admino

Good to hear from you Alex. thanks for signing up and I also hope to see some participation at the industrial roundtable soon.
Thanks to all for your technical contributions!

The Administration Team at OI

Cheller

I just signed up too. I've got nearly 25 years electrical and electronic experience and I also have some time on my hands to share what I can.

Looking forward to solving some problems here. Most of my experience has been in the metals industry working with somewhat large pieces of equipment as well as smaller shop machines. I enjoy troubleshooting PLC's, drives, motors, and just about any kind of electrical automation.

My friends call me Cheller.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

rogereo

Hello Guys,
This is Roger here. I hail from central Ohio and have worked as a maintenance tech for about 6 years. Looking forward to learning from the experienced staff here.

In the industrial maintenance world, it seems like you literally learn something every day. (and I'm not kidding about that). :)
Roger EO

3rdshiftguy

Good evening maintenance roundtable! My family calls me the 3rd shift guy since I have always worked 3rd shift jobs. looking forward to communicating maintenance issues and electronic questions with the group.
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

tberrison

Hello everyone. I too have signed on. Looking for a new place to post maintenance questions and have some maintenance tech discussions.

I have been working as a maintenance technician in the Allentown Pennsylvania area for over twelve years. I have dabbled with mechanical maintenance problems along with my duties as an industrial electrician.

Regards,
Tom Berr.

tomtester

Hello gentleman,
I just joined up, hopefully we will see more action here soon. Been in the field of electrical maintenance my whole career. I've work in a few different industries and I feel like I have a good grip on electrical troubleshooting.

I joined here because my current position puts me in front of obsolete industrial machinery all the time. With a limited budget, we keep the machines running whatever it takes. Sometimes it's not pretty, but it's all in a day's work.
Best regards,
Tom Tester

leonard

Hello All,
Hoping to learn from the maintenance veterans here, looking forward to findong some electrical and mechanical advice along the way...
best regards,
Leonard

Experience: 2 years industrial maintenance

maintech

Hello guys,
I have been in maintenance for many years. I have worked in the metals industry for about half that time and the plastics industry the other half.

I've made a good living and learned alot along the way.

Glad to see a maintenance technician forum...
Regards,
a maintenance technician in the metals industry.

questionator

Hello All,
I just joined. I like to ask questions on these forums because i have gotten different answers in different places. I figure if this is an industrial maintenance forum I may get the technician point of view on my questions.

Looking forward to some conversation regarding all kind of electronics and all kinds of good industrial stuff.

floridadoug

Hello,
I stumbled on the maintenance forum here. Pretty good idea...