News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Older mushroom style switch

Started by Treverz, September 29, 2017, 12:56:PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treverz

Hello All,

I am new here and to any forum for that matter. I have only been in industrial maintenance for a little less than a year.
I am wondering if you guys know where I can get a replacement button for an older pull/push mushroom style switch. The head unscrews from the switch itself and the threads on the head seem to fit a standard 3/4" NPT pipe.  I have made a couple on the lathe to get the operators by for now but I would like to replace those with proper replacements.  I have a pic of a similar switch but I have no idea how to upload it...
Thanks in advance!

Since posting I have learned the switch is an Allen Bradley 800T-FXNP16BA7.  I can't find much out there. Some replacement caps that are around 20-30 bucks.  Is this my only option??

Cheller

I would say you're going to have to bite the bullet on the replacement operators (caps) or replace the entire unit with another 30mm switch. There are cheaper 30mm switches available if you'd rather change out the whole unit. If you look in the Allen Bradley Catalog you can find the part number for the operators by themselves. Then google or eBay that specific part number...

In my experience, the 30mm Allen Bradley switches are as good as they get. If it were me, I would buy the replacement operator. I'm assuming you just need the plastic colored portion of the switch.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --