News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Remote Pot Timers

Started by luckylou, February 05, 2016, 04:30:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckylou

In Search of Remote Pot Timers...

Hello,
I'm in search of a remot pot timer. I have an obsolete timing relay and I'm having a hard time finding a retrofit. I'm actually pretty surprised that I couldn't find a stock replacement. The timer is old. The original is made by Industrial Solid State Controls of York, PA. It is Part number: 1013-1K1B SP29. It is a 120VAC timer with a time delay of .1 to 10 seconds of "on-delay". It has two individual sets of contacts and it has terminals for an "initiate switch".

I was hoping to find a drop-in replacement wiring wise, the mounting doesn't matter.

Any suggestions? I tried googling these to no avail. Thanks!

3rdshiftguy

I understand your dilemma. Remote pot timers are not a common part for whatever reason. Years ago I had the same issue and if I remeber correctly, I ended up ordering an Eagle timer with a remote pot. What I remember most about this event was that there was a long lead time for the timer. The reason I remember that so well is because it taught me a lesson and i actually ordered a spare timer to sit on the shelf.
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

luckylou

Been researching remote pot timers... looked for Magnecraft remote pot timers, ATC remote pot timers, Square D, remote pot timers, etc.

NCC makes this here: http://www.alliedelec.com/images/products/datasheets/bm/NCC/70059771.pdf but I don't see an initiate contact. it uses a 8 pin connector so it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

I can't believe there is nothing readily available.

Cheller

Design your own "remote pot timer" circuit... Use the 8 pin NCC timer you found and some relay logic to make the initiate contact. That may be your best bet if you need it quickly.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

luckylou

a "remote pot timer design" of my own is where I'm heading, it shouldn't be a big deal but I was just looking for an off-the-shelf replacement. Thanks!

Cheller

Keep us posted on your "build your own remote pot timer" project.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

Steve0

Anyone able to make a custom remote pot timer? I would like to see the schematic if so. I think it could be easily accomplished using a PLC so if you have one in your equipment you may be able to program a remote pot timer using an analog input for the potentiometer.