News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Stroll Down Memory Lane

Started by admino, August 01, 2015, 04:06:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admino

If you've been in the maintenance field for a while, you've seen some cool mechanical and electronic gadgets along the way. Many of these have been replaced by better technology.

Take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce about obsolete mechanisms and obsolete electronics. Post some pictures if you have them. They could be industrial machinery or products that have long been retired or any vintage industrial products that are still alive and kicking.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about anything vintage from industry or machinery...
Thanks to all for your technical contributions!

The Administration Team at OI

kpatterson

Quote from: admino on August 01, 2015, 04:06:AM
If you've been in the maintenance field for a while, you've seen some cool mechanical and electronic gadgets along the way. Many of these have been replaced by better technology.

Take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce about obsolete mechanisms and obsolete electronics. Post some pictures if you have them. They could be industrial machinery or products that have long been retired or any vintage industrial products that are still alive and kicking.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about anything vintage from industry or machinery...

Wow, great idea... I'm going to see if I can find any snapshots of obsolete stuff from work. We will probably see some interesting submissions here.
Keep moving forward... one step at a time...

tomtester

Electromatic Octal Timers

I'm not sure how vintage or obsolete these Electromatic timers are... but here goes. These are some obsolete octal timers from Electromatic. I have seen hundreds of these throughout my career. I haven't searched for these part numbers lately so I don't know if they are still around, but at one time these were my timers of choice.

The were specifically called S-System timers, the SB125 was a delay on release (or off timer), the SB205 was an interval timers, and the SB225 was a recycler (or repeat timer). I don't have the part number handy for the on-delay version.

Best regards,
Tom Tester

worker1000

Alright, here's an old Burr Brown keypad that we still use. I guess this is an obsolete HMI keypad...

This technology is long gone but we're still using these and they still work. I'll probably have to upgrade when my last one goes south.
Thank You for your Support!
Worker1000

Cheller

Thanks for the pictures you guys. I have worked with the Electromatic timers and with the Burr Brown keypads so it's funny to see both of them.

Everyone else, keep the pictures coming. We're looking for obsolete industrial components that have come and gone throughout the years.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

luckylou

Here is a classic timing relay that I'm having trouble replacing. I believe it lasted for about 30 years. They don't make 'em like this anymore...

william21

Classic industrial electronics rule, they don't make things like they used to. Some of these older components have character when you look at them now.

Stallo

Here's another classic just for conversation, a solid state interval timer

treqilio

This vintage industrial stuff is awesome. I work in a plant where vintage industrial electronics are still a part of every day activities. Some of the best electronics is the old electronics.

drodriquez

Here are some classics I thought I'd share:

Here's an Amerite Delay Relay:

Here's a Red Line Timing Relay:

Here's a Raytheon Vacuum Tube:

My Maintenance Job is M-F 9-5 !!!

alberto

This is some cool old industrial swag. I was never really involved with the vacuum tubes but I always thought they were cool. Hoping to see some more vintage industrial swag posted here. If I had some pics handy, I would put some stuff here. I've have plenty outdated industrial electronics in my shop.