News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is a bad supervisory module?

Started by travis, March 30, 2016, 03:58:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

travis

What is a Bad Supervisory Module Error?

Hello,
What is a "Bad Supervisory Module Error" in layman's terms? Can someone provide a basic explanation or definition of a Bad Supervisory Module Error message and its possible causes. I'm looking for tips on troubleshooting this type of fault from the perspective of a maintenance technician. Thank you!

• Bad Supervisory Module Fault
  • Bad Supervisory Module Error
  • Bad Supervisory Module Alarm
  • Bad Supervisory Module Message

Cheller

What does bad supervisory module mean?

A technician's definition of supervisory module: relating to a motion control system, it is a component or group of components that partially tunes a drive, in other words gets it in the ballpark.

A bad supervisory module sounds like a failed component within a drive. I don't see anything here that you could do other than replace the drive unless the parts list for the drive has a specific part number for just the supervisory module.

I don't see bad supervisory module faults as being common. Anyways, maybe someone can add to this because I'm not 100% sure I'm on the right track.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --