News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Parker SSD Faults

Started by fraily1, August 01, 2016, 04:08:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraily1

Looking for information on Parker SSD Faults for the 650 Series of DC Drives. Does anyone have a complete list or a copy of the Parker SSD service manual?

Thank you,
Fraily

drives-technician

I compiled a list of the faults that are listed in the SSD drive manual along with a few simple suggestions for clearing them. This is the for the 650 series but it may actually be valid for other models, you'll have to determine that on your own.

• dCH1 OVERVOLTAGE: The drive internal dc link voltage is too high; possible reasons for fault: the supply voltage is too high, You're trying to decelerate a large inertia load too quickly, DECEL TIME time too short, or The brake resistor is open circuit

• dCLO UNDERVOLTAGE: DC link low trip; which means the supply vltage is too low, test and troubleshoot with a voltmeter.

• i HI OVERCURRENT: The motor current being drawn from the drive is too high; There are many possible reasons for this fault:You're trying to accelerate a large inertia load too quickly, ACCEL TIME time too short, you're trying to decelerate a large inertia load too quickly, DECEL TIME time too short, Application of shock load to motor, Short circuit between motor phases, Short circuit between motor phase and earth (ground), Motor output cables too long or too many parallel, motors connected to the drive, or FIXED BOOST level set too high.

• HOt HEATSINK: The ambient air temperature is too high, poor ventilation or spacing between drives. This fault is caused by improper installation or inadequate cooling.

• Et EXTERNAL TRIP: The external trip input is high, Check configuration to identify the source of the signal (non-standard configuration).

• It INVERSE TIME: A prolonged overload condition, exceeding the Inverse Time allowance, has caused the trip which means you must find and remove the overload condition.

• LOOP CUURENT LOOP: A current of less than 1mA is present when 4-20mA setpoint is selected, in this case, look for a broken wire or a loose connection.

• StLL MOTOR STALLED: The motor has stalled (not rotating) Drive in current limit >200 seconds; possible causes for this fault: The motor loading is too great or FIXED BOOST level set too high.

• t 3 ANIN FAULT: AIN2 overload on terminal 3: Overcurrent applied in Current mode to terminal 3, remove or correct source of overcurrent.

• dISP DISP/KEYPAD: Keypad has been disconnected from drive while drive is running in Local Control; simply means the keypad was accidentally disconnected from drive  (indicated over Comms, or by a second keypad).

• SCI LOST COMMS: Lost communications; possible causes for communication fault: COMMS TIMEOUT parameter set too short, Master device failed, The wiring is broken, or there is an incorrect comms setup.

• CntC CONTACTOR FEEDBACK: Contactor feedback signal lost: Check connection to the terminal wired to "contactor closed" parameter in Sequencing Logic (non-standard configuration).

• Ot MOTOR OVERTEMP: The motor temperature is too high; possible causes for this fault: Excessive load, the motor voltage rating incorrect, FIXED BOOST level set too high, Prolonged operation of the motor at low speed without forced cooling, Break in motor thermistor connection.
  • I HI CURRENT LIMIT: Software overcurrent trip; If the current exceeds 180% of stack rated current for a period of 1 second, the drive will trip. This fault is caused by shock loads. Remove the shock load and test. Possible causes for this fault include ACCEL TIME and/or FIXED BOOSTset too high, or DECEL TIME set too low, so it can be cleared by making adjustments to the drive calibration.

• LSPd LOW SPEED OVER I: The motor is drawing too much current (> 100%) at zero output frequency; This fault is caused by FIXED BOOST level set too high.

• t 4 10V FAULT: +10V REF overload warning (terminal 4), it is a 10mA maximum, use a multimeter to determine the source of the overcurrent.

• Shrt DESATURATION: Desaturatlon has occurred; this is iInstantaneous overcurrent. Refer to OVERCURRENT fault for more info on clearing this fault.

• dCRP DC LINK RIPPLE: The DC link ripple voltage is too high; possible cause for this fault would be a missing phase, check incoming power supply for all three phases.

• dbSC BRAKE SHORT CCT: Brake resistor overcurrent; Check the brake resisitor value is greater than the minimum allowed.

• t 5 ANOUT FAULT: AOUT overload at terminal 5; check for current at terminal 5, it is rated for 10mA max.

• t 9 DIGIO 1 (T9) FAULT: DIN3 overload on Terminal 9; check for too much current, it is rated 20mA max, use a multimeter to determine the cause of the overcurrent.

• t 10 DIGIO 2 (T10) FAULT: DOUT2 overload at terminal 10; check for overload since max current for this output is rated at 50mA.

• trIP UNKNOWN: Unknown trip with unknown cause (I got this from the manual)

• ICAL ICAL: Zero I current calibration; current sensor calibration fault, cycle the power to the drive, if persistent contact factory or replace the drive.

• COdE PRODUCT CODE ERROR: Switch the drive off and back on (cycle power), if it is persistent, replace drive/ contact factory or your Parker SSD rep.

• CAL CALIBRATION DATA ERROR: Switch the drive off and back on (cycle power), if it is persistent, replace drive/ contact factory or your Parker SSD rep.

• dATA CONFIGURATION DATA FAILURE: Press the "E" button to accept the default configuration, if this fault persists, contact the factory or replace the drive.

fraily1

Thanks! This is what I need.

3rdshiftguy

Hello drives-technician,
Great job on the SSD Drive fault list! This is for 650 series only? or you're not certain?
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

drives-technician

I'm not sure of all the Parker models these faults pertain to. I am pretty sure that they are for these SSD models at least:

• 650/00F3/230/SNN
  • 650/00F5/230/SNN
  • 650/00F7/230/SNN
  • 650/0001/230/SNN
  • 650/0002/230/SNN
  • 650/0003/230/SBN
  • 650/0005/230/SBN
  • 650/00F5/460/SBN
  • 650/00F7/460/SBN
  • 650/0001/460/SBN
  • 650/0002/460/SBN
  • 650/0003/460/SBN