News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

Cheap Electrical Screwdrivers

Started by johnnyelectro, September 29, 2016, 09:19:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyelectro

What do you guys think about cheap electrical screwdrivers? Should I go big and spend some good money or would cheap electrical screwdrivers suffice? I'm looking to be safe when it comes to electrical insulation, but I'd rather not spend more than I have to.
thank you,
Johnny

2106tech

QuoteRe: Cheap Electrical Screwdrivers

Are you talking Harbor Freight screwdrivers? I feel like if you plan on earning a living with electrical screwdrivers and other hand tools, you should invest in your own safety.

I would guess that if a screwdriver was rated as an electrician screwdriver, it has probably been tested for its insulation. (You just might snap off the tip the first time you use it!)

johnnyelectro

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this. Some of the brands I found were Proxxon, Klein, Bondhus, and Wiha. Any thoughts on:

• cheap Chinese electrical screwdrivers
  • cheap Proxxon electrical screwdrivers
  • cheap Klein electrical screwdrivers
  • cheap Bondhus electrical screwdrivers
  • cheap Wiha electrical screwdrivers
thank you,
Johnny

Cheller

Did you price all these screwdriver sets? Is there that big of a difference? It seems like the Klein, Bondhus, and Wiha screwdrivers would all come in at about the same price. I would steer clear of cheap insulated screwdrivers just for the sake of steering clear.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --