News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is the best industrial HMI?

Started by chadt85, October 03, 2015, 04:04:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadt85

What is the best industrial HMI?

I am about to start a project which will include replacing an old keypad, (that worked well for many years by the way) with a nice touchscreen HMI.

As I start to research, I decided go a bit further than I normally go and read reviews and things. So I am looking for some advice from those who maintain industrial HMI touchscreens on the shop floor.

What is the best industrial HMI you have seen? Is it hands down Allen Bradley or do I need to look elsewhere. I use many other Allen Bradley products and I have had good results, but the price can sometimes be high in my opinion.

So from a maintenance standpoint, the durability, the touchscreen response, the touchscreen longevity, and things like that. What do you guys think? 
Thank You,
Chad

Cheller

There are boat-loads of industrial computers and industrial HMI on the market. I prefer to stick with the brand names that have been around, even if they cost more.

Allen Bradley Panel-view computers, you'll pay more but you'll feel better about the purchase.

Nematron is another good name. They have been making HMI screens for probably 30 years. I have used some of the older models but nothing recently.

GE automation most likely has industrial HMI's also, but I've never built anything with a GE industrial computer, I just know they have good solid products.

And I know if you're looking for value brands, Automation Direct has a brand called C-More. I've seen a few of these in use and they seem rugged but I can't personally vouch for them.

Those are a few suggestions that I can think of.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --