News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is the most maintenance friendly PLC?

Started by 3rdshiftguy, November 03, 2015, 04:33:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdshiftguy

Alright, here's a question for those maintenance tech who dabble with PLC's for troubleshooting equipment...

What is the most maintenance friendly PLC?

I have some experience with the Allen Bradly line. I've used RSlogix 500 and 5000, so I like Allen Bradley PLC's for troubleshooting. What I'm looking for is some input from someone who has used different brands of PLC's for troubleshooting equipment. Are there more maintenance-friendly PLC's on the market?

What do you guys think?
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)

randy1

I like Rockwell PLC's personally. I've taken courses over the years in RSLogix programming so it makes them user-friendly in my mind...

It's probably that way for any brand PLC if you've been to training and seminars.

luckylou

I've also had lots of experience with Allen Bradley products and I agree that they are the most user-friendly PLC's. if there are any out there that are easier than that, I would be interested in hearing about them.

Cheller

Allen Bradley PLC's are maintenance friendly. Their ladder logic, in particular, is easy to follow. I am partial to PLC ladder diagrams so there others that would qualify as maintenance friendly, not far behind the Allen Bradley's.
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

Steve0

Koyo makes maintenance friendly PLC's. They are definitely a cheaper PLC than most other brands, but they are easy to use i think. They can be bought at quite a few places online like http://plcproducts.com/koyo. And you can find plenty of info about them on the official Koyo PLC website: http://www.koyoele.co.jp/english/product/plc/.

I don't want to sound like an advertisement but I think they are underrated PLC's.

fraily1

I like the simplicity of RS Logix. I think that puts Allen Bradley PLC's at the top of the easy list. The program itself makes their whole system better than the others. I don't know if the PLC hardware is the beat, or longest lasting, but from the stanpoint of software usage and troubleshooting, it seems to be a better design.

allentrop

The Allen Bradley PLC product line gets my vote. Once you've taken a crash course in RSLOGIX programming, you are good to go.