News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is Missing Pulse Alarm on a Parker 590 Drive?

Started by Feldman, November 25, 2015, 04:29:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feldman

Hello,
Does anyone know what is a Missing Pulse alarm on a Parker 590 drive?
This drive is a DC590, 590+, 590 Plus, SSD 590, or whichever you prefer.

Specifically, I have a Parker SSD DC590 drive powering a 75 HP DC motor. Motor has been running great until recently I started getting these Missing Pulse alarms. I initially thought it was some type of encoder problem since I am using encoder feedback in this system but according to the manual it has nothing to do with the encoder pulse.

I attempted an Autotune of the Parker drive and it's telling me it failed, but i don't know if I'm on the right track since the motor was working fine in this installation.

These drives are good drives and I have good luck on the other Parker 590 Plus installations I have.

I do have the pdf manual for the DC590 drive, but again, looking for some advice...

What is a missing pulse alarm?

Cheller

If you have the manual for the DC590 drive, is there an alarm list with troubleshooting suggestions? Missing pulse sounds like something to do with the feedback but the manual should point you in the right direction.

What are some of the suggestions for missing pulse alarm?
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --

maintech

How is your incoming power? Do you have clean, reliable input voltage. You should probably verify that your waveform on th incoming power is clean even though it may not say it in the DC590 troubleshooting guide.

As a rule of thumb, this is always a good check when you are having electronic issues. It only takes a minute.
Regards,
a maintenance technician in the metals industry.