News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

KB Electronics VFD

Started by bfwrench, February 01, 2016, 06:16:PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfwrench

Hello guys,
Anton have much in terms of experience with VFD's from KB Electronics? I have a piece of equipment with a KBDA-42 electronic drive in it and I am not familiar at all. I am about to purchase an identical piece of machinery and I'm thinking about requesting a modification by having a Rockwell drive installed instead. I would then like to go back and retrofit the older machine.

I have worked with Rockwell/Allen Bradley products for years and I like to keep thing the same. KB electronics seems like a small outfit. If anyone has any experience with these VFD's please let me know what you think.

Thank You!
Bill

3rdshiftguy

Bill,
Will they install a Rockwell drive without any additional charge? If so, then I'd go with Rockwell. Same goes if it were only a few dollars, otherwise why not leave the KB drive and retrofit someday if you have problems with the KB Electronics unit.

I don't have experience specifically with the KB drives, but chances are that it will last for some time. You always have the chance of a Rockwell drive failing too. So I would base your decision on initial cost.
Allen
(---The 3rd Shift Guy---)