News:

Obsolete industrial electronics forum is still alive and well, just undergoing some maintenance and more anti spam stuff, stand by for a better experience

Main Menu

What is a bad pre-amp error

Started by travis, March 29, 2016, 04:21:AM

Previous topic - Next topic

travis

What does Bad Pre-Amp Error mean?

Hello,
What is a "Bad Pre-Amp Error" in layman's terms? Can someone provide a basic explanation or definition of a Bad Pre-Amp Error message and its possible causes. I'm looking for tips on troubleshooting this type of fault. Thank you!

• Bad Pre-Amp Fault
  • Bad Pre-Amp Error
  • Bad Pre-Amp Alarm
  • Bad Pre-Amp Message

Cheller

What does bad servo pre-amp mean?

Here's what I know... A pre-amplifier (or preamp) as relating to ay servo system is simply an electronic amplifier that prepares a smaller electrical signal for more amplification through a series of components. Basically, it is designed to boost the signal strength so it is stable enough to survive further amplification suitable for driving a motor.

As for a bad servo pre-amp, I would think it is a failure that would require circuit board replacement at the very least, or complete drive replacement in most cases. I can't say I've seen this too often. A bad motor pre-amp could also give a generic drive fault requiring drive repair or replacement depending on the manufacturer.

If you have a servo pre-amp fault or alarm, you may just want to swap drives and take it from there.

Hope that helps...
Need Help? Try eBay for Cheap Parts

-- The Emperor of Methodical Troubleshooting --